About the Journal
Focus and Scope
ARO is the scientific journal of Koya University with e-ISSN: 2307-549X, p-ISSN: 2410-9355, and DOI: 10.14500/2307-549X. ARO is a journal of original research articles, review articles, and letters to editor. ARO Scientific Journal is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes original works in all areas of Science and Engineering. ARO is a listed Journal by Thomson Reuters since Feb 2016.
- ARO Journal seeks to publish those papers that are most influential in their fields or across fields and that will significantly advance scientific understanding
- ARO Journal is an Open Access, double blind peer-reviewed, scholarly journal. It considers articles in the field of Sciences and Engineering.
- ARO Journal accepts Original Research Articles, Review Articles and Letters to Editor.
- ARO Journal evaluates articles based only on an objective determination of scientific and methodological soundness, not on subjective determinations of.
- ARO Journal applies the highest standards to everything it does - specifically, the publication places an emphasis on research integrity; high ethical standards; constructive peer-review; exemplary production quality; and leading edge online functionality.
- ARO Journal does not accept pre-submission enquiries; however, if you are unsure whether or not your article fits our Scope then please email us at: email@example.com.
Peer Review Process
At ARO journal we are committed to prompt quality scientific work with local and global impacts. To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process. Characteristics of the peer review process are as follows:
- The journal peer review process is a "double blind peer review".
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
ARO journal is a member of CrossRef and CrossRef services, e.g., CrossCheck. All manuscripts submitted will be checked for plagiarism (copying text or results from other sources) and self-plagiarism (duplicating substantial parts of authors' own published work without giving the appropriate references) using the CrossCheck database. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
For more information about CrossCheck/iThenticate, please visit http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck.html.
ARO Journal is published 2 times per year. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print. ARO is e-published online with e-ISSN: 2307-549X as/when process of peer-reviewing in finalized. ARO's hard-copy published with p-ISSN: 2410-9355 biannually with two issues; odd issue that publishes the accepted papers during (January - June) closing on 1st June, and even issue that publishes the accepted articles during (July -December) closing on 1st Dec. The hard-copy of ARO issues are published with all accepted online paper within each publication period.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Koya University supports the principles and objectives of Open Access and Open Science
- Aro expects authors of research papers, and manuscripts to maximize the opportunities to make their results available for free access on its final peer-reviewed paper
- All manuscript will be made open access online soon after final stage peer-review finalized.
- This policy will be effective from 1st Oct 2013 and will be reviewed during the first year of operation.
- Open Access route is available at aro.koyauniversity.org for publishing and archiving all accepted papers,
The publication of an article in the peer-reviewed journal ARO is to support the standard and respected knowledge transfer network. Our publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is mainly based on the Code of Conduct and Best-Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011) that includes;
- General duties and responsibilities of editors.
- Relations with readers.
- Relations with authors.
- Relations with editors.
- Relations with editorial board members.
- Relations with journal owners and publishers.
- Editorial and peer review processes.
- Protecting individual data.
- Encouraging ethical research (e.g. research involving humans or animals).
- Dealing with possible misconduct.
- Ensuring the integrity of the academic record.
- Intellectual property.
- Encouraging debate.
- Conflicts of interest.
- For research conducted on regulated animals (which includes all live vertebrates and/or higher invertebrates), appropriate approval must have been obtained according to either international or local laws and regulations. Before conducting the research, approval must have been obtained from the relevant body (in most cases an Institutional Review Board, or Ethics Committee). The authors must provide an ethics statement as part of their Methods section detailing full information as to their approval (including the name of the granting organization, and the approval reference numbers). If an approval reference number is not provided, written approval must be provided as a confidential supplemental information file. Research on non-human primates is subject to specific guidelines from the Weatherall (2006) report (The Use of Non-Human Primates in Research).
- For research conducted on non-regulated animals, a statement should be made as to why ethical approval was not required.
- Experimental animals should have been handled according to the highest standards dictated by the author’s institution.
- We strongly encourage all authors to comply with the 'Animal Research: Reporting In Vivo Experiments' (ARRIVE) guidelines, developed by NC3Rs.
- Articles should be specific in descriptions of the organism(s) used in the study. The description should indicate strain names when known.
Screening for Plagiarism
For more information about plagiarism, type of plagiarism and what constitutes plagiarism, kindly see the Koya University Referencing System.. The Editorial Board of Aro journal will check any case of plagiarism on its own merits. If the plagiarism is detected, either by the editor or peer reviewer at any stage before publication of the manuscript - before or after acceptance, during editing or at page proof stage, we will alert the author(s), asking him/her to either rewrite the text or quote the text exactly and to cite the original text. If at least 15% of the original submission is plagiarised, ARO journal has the right to reject the manuscript.
Article Submission Charges
ARO is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article submission charges (ASCs).
Article Processing Charges
ARO is an Open Access Journal (OAJ) and has no article processing charges (APCs). The published articles can be downloaded freely without barrier of admission.
ARO-The Scientific Journal of Koya University accepts advertising on hard-copy version.
ARO-The Scientific Journal of Koya University is generously sponsored by:
ARO-The Scientific Journal of Koya University has been first published in November 2013. See the archives of the journal.